ShineboxNJ

Default Inserting Multiple Rows with Formulas

I have a worksheet with over 7000 rows. These rows contain the product
information and SKUS of every product we carry. The problem is I have to add
2 rows below each row already there so they could contain secondary skus for
returned goods. Is there a way I can insert 2 rows under each line with my
lookup formula, without having to go thru each one??

ie.
PRODUCT 1000 (already there)
PRODUCT 1000 B (inserted with forumla)
PRODUCT 1000 C ("" "")

any help would be greatly appreciated!1
thanks,
Mark
Dave Peterson

Save your worksheet first.

Say your SKUs are in column A.

Insert a new column A.
type 1 in A2 (headers in row 1???)
type 2 in A3

Select a2:A3 and drag down through your range.

Now insert a new sheet.
Put 1 in A1 and 2 in A2 and drag down the correct number of rows.

Copy those rows to the bottom of the "real" sheet.
do it again (for the second blank row)

Now select your range columns A:???
Data|Sort
primary key will be column A (ascending)
secondary key will be column B (descending)

Delete that helper column (column A) and extra worksheet.

If it didn't work correctly, close without saving.

--

Dave Peterson