Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
excelSOS

Default Every time i put a number with period it becomes a date and time

Hi,, please help me,, everytime i put a number with a period ,, for example
1,23 excel changes it to 1/23/2006 14:03am,,, I am going crazy because i
need to do some work and its imposible to work like this... Rgds
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

Left-click on a blank, unused cell somewhere off screen and then left click
on the PaintBrush icon in the tool bar, then Left-click on the cell that's
giving you trouble.......that should clear it and return the cell format to
general.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"excelSOS" wrote:

Hi,, please help me,, everytime i put a number with a period ,, for example
1,23 excel changes it to 1/23/2006 14:03am,,, I am going crazy because i
need to do some work and its imposible to work like this... Rgds

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Richard O. Neville

Select Format-Cells and determine the formatting of the cells in which you
are entering your numbers. It will probably say Date, "x/x/xxxx". Just
change the formatting to whatever you need, such as "General."

"excelSOS" wrote in message
Hi,, please help me,, everytime i put a number with a period ,, for
example
1,23 excel changes it to 1/23/2006 14:03am,,, I am going crazy because i
need to do some work and its imposible to work like this... Rgds

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dav

The other option is what is your date seperator in windows, is it a
comma, change it to a / and your problems may disappear!

Regards

Dav

--
Dav
Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27107

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
excelSOS

Hello,, It doesnt workk,, I am going crazy.. I did what you wrote but it
doesnt work.. Please help me out!!

Rgds

"excelSOS" wrote in message
Hi,, please help me,, everytime i put a number with a period ,, for
example
1,23 excel changes it to 1/23/2006 14:03am,,, I am going crazy because i
need to do some work and its imposible to work like this... Rgds

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

You might check Tools Autocorrect, and look to see if you have an entry to
replace the period with a slash.......if so, just highlight it and
Delete......

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"excelSOS" wrote:

Hi,, please help me,, everytime i put a number with a period ,, for example
1,23 excel changes it to 1/23/2006 14:03am,,, I am going crazy because i
need to do some work and its imposible to work like this... Rgds

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
boxesss

I would say, go into formatting and select text. Hope this helps.