Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
chicken99

Default How can I make the rows go into a random order?

I am doing some statistical work, and I am trying to use a systematic sample,
but the rows of data need to be random. How can I make excel do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ivo

try rand()

"chicken99" wrote:

I am doing some statistical work, and I am trying to use a systematic sample,
but the rows of data need to be random. How can I make excel do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ivo

rand()

"chicken99" wrote:

I am doing some statistical work, and I am trying to use a systematic sample,
but the rows of data need to be random. How can I make excel do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Engineering Accountant

Add a Column in you data set with the function =Rand().

Then you can sort by that column.

"chicken99" wrote:

I am doing some statistical work, and I am trying to use a systematic sample,
but the rows of data need to be random. How can I make excel do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
David J. Braden

PopTools is an excellent, free add-in that will do just what you want
straight off the shelf. Its prng is superb as well, which may interest
you if you are doing real stat work. See
http://www.cse.csiro.au/poptools/

HTH
Dave Braden

--
Please keep response(s) solely within this thread.

Junior Member

[quote=David J. Braden]PopTools is an excellent, free add-in that will do just what you want

chicken99 wrote:
I am doing some statistical work, and I am trying to use a systematic sample,
but the rows of data need to be random. How can I make excel do this?

Hi! Dave!
This is not related to the issue above. Hi! Dave, this is Janice Blanks from St.Louis. I was wondering if we could get in contact. Please let me know. It has been a long time since we have talked. And, we have a lot to talk about. I hope you are doing well. Hope to talk soon.

Please keep response(s) solely within this thread.[]
Junior Member

[quote=Janice Blanks]
Quote:
Originally Posted by David J. Braden