Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Michael

Default Calculate 2 Standard Deviations

Is it possible to calculate a figure for two standard deviations for a
series of numbers? I have the output for 1 SD, but need 2 SDs.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Mike Middleton

Michael -

If cell A1 has the standard deviation, e.g., =STDEV(data_range), then in
some other cell enter =2*A1.

- Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com

"Michael" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is it possible to calculate a figure for two standard deviations for a
series of numbers? I have the output for 1 SD, but need 2 SDs.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Michael" wrote:
Is it possible to calculate a figure for two standard
deviations for a series of numbers? I have the
output for 1 SD, but need 2 SDs.

=2*sd

where "sd" is the std dev constant, STDEV(range),
or reference to a cell containing "sd".

Perhaps what you need is the data value associated
with 2sd. That would be:

=avg + 2*sd
=avg - 2*sd

where "avg" is the average constant, AVERAGE(range),
or reference to a cell that containing "avg".