Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Needed: Chart that combines clustered column and stacked column types

The chart is to show projected financials for a business.

- Using Clustered Columns, I can show Revenue and Net Income. Not a
problem.
- Using Stacked Column, I can show the contribution to Revenue from
each of the businesses two product lines. Not a problem

What I would like to do is to combine these into a single chart: Show
a Stacked Column with the Revenue contributions and next to it
(Clustered Column) show Net Income.

Is this possible? If so, can you please explain how to do this.
Posting a simple example would be a bonus.

Many thanks.

gerry <at pairofdocs <dot net

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

On Feb 13, 11:39 am, "Gerry" wrote:
The chart is to show projected financials for a business.

- Using Clustered Columns, I can show Revenue and Net Income. Not a
problem.
- Using Stacked Column, I can show the contribution to Revenue from
each of the businesses two product lines. Not a problem

What I would like to do is to combine these into a single chart: Show
a Stacked Column with the Revenue contributions and next to it
(Clustered Column) show Net Income.

Is this possible? If so, can you please explain how to do this.
Posting a simple example would be a bonus.

Many thanks.

gerry <at pairofdocs <dot net

@ gerry
There're at least two solution for your question.
(1)You could use second axis to solve this question. make a Clustered
Column in first axis and make Stacked column
in second axis.
(2) Just use the chart type of Clustered column, but rearrange your
souce data.
such as follows.
Jan
Fer Mar
Net Income. 10
12 14
Revenue contributions 1 4
6 9
Revenue contributions 2 6
6 5

Maybe you could find what you want in http://peltiertech.com/Excel/
Charts/ChartIndex.html
Good luck!
yours,fujing

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Try the links on this page:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...sterStack.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Gerry" wrote in message
oups.com...
The chart is to show projected financials for a business.

- Using Clustered Columns, I can show Revenue and Net Income. Not a
problem.
- Using Stacked Column, I can show the contribution to Revenue from
each of the businesses two product lines. Not a problem

What I would like to do is to combine these into a single chart: Show
a Stacked Column with the Revenue contributions and next to it
(Clustered Column) show Net Income.

Is this possible? If so, can you please explain how to do this.
Posting a simple example would be a bonus.

Many thanks.

gerry <at pairofdocs <dot net

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks both - got it to work. Took a while to find the magic check box
so that things lined up just right...