Jad

Default Creating a list from an existing list.

I have a list of names on a worksheet. Each name can be in one of two
statuses, indicated on the sheet by cell color. I am keeping track of the
total number of each type by using the ColorIndex function I found at
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html.

However, I also want to be able to create a new list that contains ONLY the
names of one particular status and will change as the original list changes.
I would like this list to be formatted "nicely". In other words, I know I
could just create a whole bunch of lines like =IF(ColorIndex(D6)="6",D6,""),
but that would leave a bunch of blank lines.

Example:

A B C D E
1 Name Total1 Total2

2 John 3 2

3 Sarah

4 Jim

5 Steven

6 Bill

Assuming that A2, A4 and A6 were all the same cell color (shown under
Total1), I would like to create this a list in F:

A B C D E F
1 Name Total1 Total2 John

2 John 3 2 Jim

3 Sarah Bill

4 Jim

5 Steven

6 Bill

As the status (color) of the fields in A changed, the list in F would
change.

I am assuming that VB would be necessary for this...any suggestions?