sgeels

Default Create fields in a form with a fixed length

Is it possible to create fields in a form with a fixed length? I tried using
Data - Validation. This does not work well because the user does not know
the length has been exceeded until exiting the field. For example, I would
like to set a field to a length of 20 characters and prevent the user from
entering any data past the 20th character. I can create borders for the
fields but Excel allows the users to keep typing, and they keep typing.

Thanks