Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default change default setting of accept labels in formulas

I want to change worksheet setting to accept labels in formulas by default, I
search help & forum here but I didn't find right solution. Please help.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is a workbook only setting, not a global setting.

To have it enabled by default you would have to create a Template which would be
the basis for any New Workbook.

Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish, including your footer. FileSave
As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your workbook
"BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT.

Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

This will be the default workbook for FileNew or the New File button, but not
the FileNew...Blank Workbook.

Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings.

You can also open a new workbook and delete all but one sheet. Customize as
you wish then save this as SHEET.XLT in XLSTART folder also. It now becomes
the default InsertSheet.

More can be found on this in Help under "templates"(no quotes).

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 23:18:01 -0700, Samad
wrote:

I want to change worksheet setting to accept labels in formulas by default, I
search help & forum here but I didn't find right solution. Please help.

Thanks

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Happy to see you're sorted out.