mikeburg

Default Need cell formula to subtotal gross by month for a quarter

Need Gross subtotaled by 1st month, 2nd month, & 3rd month of a quarter
end

In Cell I2:
Quarter End 9/30/05 (other possible quarter ends 3/31/05, 6/30/05, &
12/31/05)

Data exits in cells A3 thru D37. The following is an example of the
quarter ended
9-30-05.

__ _A__ ____B____ __C___ ___D___
_3 Ck # Ck Date Emp # Gross
_4 4151 07/01/05 145 170.63
_5 4152 07/01/05 155 200.00
_6 4156 07/15/05 145 210.00
_7 4172 07/22/05 145 277.50
_8 4174 07/22/05 145 232.50
_9 4208 08/05/05 145 127.50
10 4217 08/12/05 145 279.38
11 4218 08/12/05 156 192.00
12 4235 09/15/05 145 288.75
13 4236 09/15/05 156 480.00
14 4262 09/16/05 145 16.88
15 4263 09/16/05 157 66.00

Need formula for E6, E7, & E8 to get the following results:
In E6 1st Month Gross = 170.63
In E7 2nd Month Gross = 598.88
In E8 3rd Month Gross = 851.63

Any Ideas? mikeburg

--
mikeburg
mikeburg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24581

swatsp0p

How do you arrive at your desired results? When I add all of July's
Gross', I end up with $1090.63 (see below)

$170.63
$200.00
$210.00
$277.50
$232.50
-----------
$1090.63

We need to know your criteria for coming up with *1st Month Gross =
170.63 * in order to help you further.

More info, please.

--
swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=480869

mikeburg

Sorry, I meant to use 1,090.63 as the desired result; not 170.63.

The desired result is merely adding the gross for each month.

Thanks so much. mikeburg

--
mikeburg
mikeburg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24581
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=480869

Domenic

Try the following...

E6:

=SUMPRODUCT(--($B$4:$B$15-DAY($B$4:$B$15)+1=DATE(YEAR($I$2),MONTH($I$2)-2
,1)),$D$4:$D$15)

For E7, change '-2' to '-1'

For E8, remove the '-2' bit

Hope this helps!

In article ,
mikeburg wrote:

[...]

mikeburg

Works great! Thanks so very much for your help.
mikeburg