Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
rugby1021

Default How do I remove a constant from an excel spreadsheet?

I have a massive spreadsheet that I need to add formulas to but the cell from
which I need to contruct the formulas from has a contant and the formulas do
not work how do I remove the constant?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BekkiM

First of all, you only need to post once--just be a little patient.

Secondly, can you give an example?

This may not be exactly what you're looking for (since I'm not entirely
clear what you're trying to do), but one way to remove a "constant" (e.g., a
named cell or array) from your spreadsheet is to delete the Name (Using
Insert | Name | Define and then deleting the unwanted Name). I'm not sure,
though, what this will do to any existing formulas that use the name.

"rugby1021" wrote:

I have a massive spreadsheet that I need to add formulas to but the cell from
which I need to contruct the formulas from has a contant and the formulas do
not work how do I remove the constant?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
David McRitchie

Take a look at
Insert a Row using a Macro to maintain formulas
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm

The actual instruction in the macro that clears the constants
leaving the formulas of the inserted rows copied from above.

Selection.Offset(1).Resize(vRows).EntireRow. _
SpecialCells(xlConstants).ClearContents

---
HTH,