Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Extracting Numerals From a Text String?

I have several thousand Material Description entries that contain a mix of
text and numerals.

For example: Gasket, high-melt, DLL84848

In the example I would like to ignore the text and simply extract the 84848.
The numbers will not always be in the "last" position; formatting varies
considerably. Is there a way for Excel to recognize numerals in a string of
text?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try the below formula...Could have been a simpler one if the numbers are
torwards the end.

=LOOKUP(99^99,--("0"&MID(A1,
MIN(SEARCH({0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9},A1&"0123456789")) ,ROW($1:$10000))))

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria