Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Split text into multiple columns using a common delimiter

My data in col A is as follows:

1*15
101268*6
101352*16
101513*11
10406*2
10406*37
10411*13
10411*7

I want to add two columns with the data preceding the * going into Col
B and the data following the * going into Col C. I can't use RIGHT or
LEFT because the data is not the same length. If someone knows a way to
do this, I'd certainly appreciate knowing how. Thanks in advance.