Grunen

Default How do you turn off a print area for a page? (no print area)

I have several workbook pages of a lengthy excel file that are for
informational purposes only. How do I turn off the print area so that these
pages are not printed?
Dave Peterson

You can set the print range to a single cell (maybe empty). But that won't stop
the page from being printed.

It'll just make the user change/reset the print range.

--

Dave Peterson
Grunen

I have currently setup the workbook the way you mentioned. The informational
worksheets are placed at the end of the workbook to prevent page numbering
problems. I was hoping there was some other way to address the issue in
order for me to organize the worksheets the way I use them. Thanks for your
help.

If your aware of any way to elimiate the print area (no reducing to just one
cell), I would appreciate it. I'm pretty sure there is not an easy method to
accomplish it.

Thanks for your help.

Grunen wrote:

I have several workbook pages of a lengthy excel file that are for
informational purposes only. How do I turn off the print area so that these
pages are not printed?

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

If you remove the page area (by resetting it), then you'll just be letting excel
determine what should be printed.

Maybe....

If you don't want the worksheet printed, maybe you don't want it visible
either. If that's true, you could hide the worksheet (Format|sheet|hide)

Grunen wrote:

I have several workbook pages of a lengthy excel file that are for
informational purposes only. How do I turn off the print area so that these
pages are not printed?

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Ken Wright

Give us some more data - Why are they being printed at all if you don't want
them to be printed. they will only print because you have selected the
sheet(s) and told Excel to print them. If you have 10 worksheets and only
want sheets 1 to 7 to print, then only select 1 to 7. If you select all 10
then it will print all 10.

Unless I'm missing something here............

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03