elli

Default last four digits of a social security number

Can anyone tell me how I can reduce a social security number to the last four
digits?
Paul B

elli, here is one way, with ssn in column A in B1 put =RIGHT(A1,4) and copy
down, paste valves back over your data if you need to.
--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"elli" wrote in message
Can anyone tell me how I can reduce a social security number to the last
four
digits?

Zack Barresse

To show it as a SSN, there is a Special format for that in the formatting
menu. It will show it as ..

123-45-6789

To only show four numbers, either enter only four numbers, or use a formula

=RIGHT(A1,4)

... where A1 is the cell which houses the SSN.

HTH

Zack Barresse, aka firefytr, (GT = TFS FF Zack)
To email, remove the NO SPAM. Please keep correspondence to the board, as
to benefit others.