Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Friday thru Thursday

I need to pull weekly data (Friday thru Thursday) and also, create my weeks
by Friday thru Thursday
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I guess I should have added that I am pulling this off a date format of:
03/01/2009
Joe

"JoeM" wrote:

I need to pull weekly data (Friday thru Thursday) and also, create my weeks
by Friday thru Thursday

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 11:04:01 -0800, JoeM
wrote:

I need to pull weekly data (Friday thru Thursday) and also, create my weeks
by Friday thru Thursday

You're problem is not difficult, but the vagueness of your request has probably
discouraged most responders (including me).

Perhaps if you provide some detail as to how your data is set up; as well as
some example data and what you want for a result; you will see more responses.
--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

ssorry about the vagnueness. My field, let's call date recieved. First I need
to pull everything on Friday morning from the previous week of Friday through
Thursday, then I always need to do my previous weeks by Friday through
thursday.

For instance I need to go back to the start of the year and run my reports
for each week but instead of the normal mon thru friday, I need to do Friday
thru Thrusday. Didn't know if it would be worth setting up an Access table
with the dates or can I use a Formula in excel. I'm assuming there's probably
a formula I can run ever Friday morning to get the Last Seven days. That
would take care of everything going forward???

Best Regards,
JoeM

wrote:

I need to pull weekly data (Friday thru Thursday) and also, create my weeks
by Friday thru Thursday

You're problem is not difficult, but the vagueness of your request has probably
discouraged most responders (including me).

Perhaps if you provide some detail as to how your data is set up; as well as
some example data and what you want for a result; you will see more responses.
--ron
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Tue, 2 Mar 2010 07:01:01 -0800, JoeM wrote:

ssorry about the vagnueness. My field, let's call date recieved. First I need
to pull everything on Friday morning from the previous week of Friday through
Thursday, then I always need to do my previous weeks by Friday through
thursday.

For instance I need to go back to the start of the year and run my reports
for each week but instead of the normal mon thru friday, I need to do Friday
thru Thrusday. Didn't know if it would be worth setting up an Access table
with the dates or can I use a Formula in excel. I'm assuming there's probably
a formula I can run ever Friday morning to get the Last Seven days. That
would take care of everything going forward???

Best Regards,
JoeM

I guess I was not clear enough in my suggestion as to how to clarify your
requirements. Perhaps someone else will be able to. Sorry.
--ron

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 10:12:01 -0800, JoeM wrote:

When I format my pivot table my date colum / row needs to do my weeks
starting on friday through thursday rather than sunday through saturday.

You have now, for the first time, revealed that you are using a pivot table to
look at your data.

When you group by days, you are given an option to select a starting date. I
would suggest starting with a Friday.
--ron
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I guess then I have another problem then, when doing a report off the cell, I
need to do the weekly breakdown, but the week only be Friday thru Thursday
versus Sunday thru Saturday, in a regular excel spreadsheet.

Thanks
Joe

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote:

On Wed, 3 Mar 2010 10:12:01 -0800, JoeM wrote:

When I format my pivot table my date colum / row needs to do my weeks
starting on friday through thursday rather than sunday through saturday.

You have now, for the first time, revealed that you are using a pivot table to
look at your data.

When you group by days, you are given an option to select a starting date. I
would suggest starting with a Friday.
--ron
.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 10:07:01 -0800, JoeM wrote:

I guess then I have another problem then, when doing a report off the cell, I
need to do the weekly breakdown, but the week only be Friday thru Thursday
versus Sunday thru Saturday, in a regular excel spreadsheet.

Thanks
Joe

Joel,

You've been posting here for four days about a problem. You ignored the
recommendation I made in my first response as to how to clarify your request,
and the bits and pieces that you have provided have not been sufficient for me
to make any kind of suggestion, other than the one about a pivot table when you
indicated you were using one.

So unless you can be more specific, there is nothing more I can do.

And by the way, I have no idea what you mean when you write "when doing a
report off the cell".

Hopefully someone will be able to take the bits and pieces you've posted and be
of some help to you. Good luck.

--ron