Junior Member

Unhappy Excel 2013 Auto Save

I haven't kept track of the added/subtracted Excel features, but I was pretty sure in the older versions of Excel (2003) you could auto-save the file. In Excel 2013, you can only auto-save the AutoRecover version of the file. I found that although I have backup software backing doing incremental backups of critical spreadsheet folders where files have been updated, this is useless unless the user has saved the file to change the modification date. Why can't there be a save file function every 10 minutes? Or is there one hidden somewhere?
Junior Member

The way backup is not that way.
You need VBA to backup in that way.
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by killme2008 View Post
The way backup is not that way.
You need these protein powders for building muscle and VBA to backup in that way.
What's VBA? Please forgive my 'newbiness.' I'm having issues with backups.

Last edited by Frasca : August 27th 22 at 08:59 AM
Junior Member

Default Try this:

"SaveWorkbookBackup” macro will create a backup of the Excel file with the “.bak” extension within the same folder where the active workbook is saved.
“SaveWorkbookBackupToFloppy” macro will create a copy of the active workbook in drive D which will act as a backup file for the active workbook.

Code explanation

If Not Ok Then

MsgBox "Backup Copy Not Saved!", vbExclamation, ThisWorkbook.Name

End If

The above code is used for displaying an error message when some runtime error occurs during the execution of the macro.

If AWB.Path = "" Then

'Displaying Save as dialog box for file saving

Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show

The above code is used for displaying Save As dialog box if the file is not saved before taking the backup of the file.

You can check more about VBA on https://www.apps4rent.com

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Jerry