Birmangirl

Default Excel 2003: Temporarily "turning off" links to external files...

....I have a spreadsheet with links to several external files. When I open it,
I am prompted to open/update the links to the external files. Is it possible
to temporarily disable or swtich this prompt off, as sometimes I just need to
reference my destination file quickly with updating.

Thanks in advance
Amanda
Dave Peterson

Just answer No to the prompt???

But if you see Ref errors (and don't want to see them)...

xl2002+ likes to recalculate any workbooks that were created in previous
versions. In earlier versions of excel, if you answer No to the update links
prompt, the existing values are kept. In xl2002+, you get those errors.

Jim Rech posted a registry tweak:
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...GP11.phx .gbl

--

Dave Peterson