Junior Member

Default Time Sheet Calculation Help Needed!

Hi,

This is the simple version of the time sheet that I am working on and I need help with the time calculation.

a1 b1 c1 d1 e1
Date Time In Time Out Lunch Total hour
4/26/05 8:30 5:00 .5 8

I got in at 8:30 morning and leave at 5:00 in the afternoon. I use half hour for lunch. So my net hour would be 8.

I want to have my TOTAL HOUR to be calculated automatically when I enter the TIME IN and TIME OUT since my schedule is not set. The Time In and Time Out must be in that format (8:30, 5:00. It can not be in the 24 hr format). Thanks!
Biff

Hi!

The Time In and Time Out must be in that format (8:30, 5:00. It can not be
in the 24 hr format).

You will need to enter the times like this: 8:30 AM, 5:00 PM.

When you enter a time like 5:00, it defaults to AM.

=IF(C2="","",(C2-B2+(B2C2))*24-D2)

Biff

"sax30" wrote in message

This is the simple version of the time sheet that I am working on and I
need help with the time calculation.

a1 b1 c1 d1
e1
Date Time In Time Out Lunch
Total hour

--
sax30

Qwerty

Check out Chip Pearson's site
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/overtime.htm
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm

"sax30" wrote in message

This is the simple version of the time sheet that I am working on and I
need help with the time calculation.

a1 b1 c1 d1
e1
Date Time In Time Out Lunch