Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CC CC is offline

Default How to save & send Excel files without macros.

When I send files (2003) my macros go with them. I don't want to have to
always 'cut and paste special' to get rid of them. Surely there is a way to
turn them off once I have run them or to save without active macros?

Thank you for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you install my mail add-in you have a option to delete code and copy as values
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"CC" wrote in message ...
When I send files (2003) my macros go with them. I don't want to have to
always 'cut and paste special' to get rid of them. Surely there is a way to
turn them off once I have run them or to save without active macros?

Thank you for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CC CC is offline

Seriously, that's it? There is no setting I can set? No way to save without
active macros?

Thank you for your solution, but shouldn't there be an internal way to do
this?

-CC

"CC" wrote in message ...
When I send files (2003) my macros go with them. I don't want to have to
always 'cut and paste special' to get rid of them. Surely there is a way to
turn them off once I have run them or to save without active macros?

Thank you for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not easy

Start here
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/vbe.aspx

And
http://www.rondebruin.nl/values.htm

In Excel 2007 you can save a file with macros as xlsx, then your macros are gone.
But there is no option like this in 2003

--

"CC" wrote in message ...
When I send files (2003) my macros go with them. I don't want to have to
always 'cut and paste special' to get rid of them. Surely there is a way to
turn them off once I have run them or to save without active macros?

Thank you for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Why not use the personal macro workbook to store your code, you can
still use the macros, but that way the other workbooks you save won't
have them.

--JP

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:
If you install my mail add-in you have a option to delete code and copy as values
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"CC" wrote in ...
When I send files (2003) my macros go with them. *I don't want to have to
always 'cut and paste special' to get rid of them. *Surely there is a way to
turn them off once I have run them or to save without active macros? *

Thank you for any help.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CC CC is offline

I am using my personal macro workbook (didn't have that back when I used
macros a lot). Still, when I save & send, the macros go with it. Got to be
a control for that somewhere? I tried closing the workbook "personal" that
opens automatically when i open excel.

Cc

"Ron de Bruin" wrote:
If you install my mail add-in you have a option to delete code and copy as values
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"CC" wrote in ...
When I send files (2003) my macros go with them. I don't want to have to
always 'cut and paste special' to get rid of them. Surely there is a way to
turn them off once I have run them or to save without active macros?

Thank you for any help.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you are running macros only from Personal.xls, your workbooks should not
have macros.

Sounds like your workbooks have their own set of macros or event codes.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP