Default Excel 2003 Slow Function Argument Window

I've just installed Excel 2003 at home. When I select a function in the
Insert Function dialog, it takes FOREVER for the Function Arguments
window to appear.

The Arguments windows is animated to appear to pop up from under the
formula bar. I can count the seconds watching the animation of the box
appearing, and it's so annoying. In Excel 2000 I could have already
completed entering the arguements by the time the window comes up. None
of the other menus appear to be slow. I've tried looking for a way to
turn off menu animations both in Excel and Windows in general and
nothing seems to help. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I have a reasonably fast computer and video card, and plently of
memory.

Thanks,
Dave