Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Linking 2 excel workbooks

Is there any way to link 2 excel workbooks together in a separate workbook?
Every week I export an excel spreadsheet from my business program and store
it on a shared drive. Another individual does the same. However we run to
different business programs, but the excel spreadsheets are setup the same (4
columns with part numbers, descriptions, qty, and value) and are stored in
the same shared drive. I'm wondering if we both stored our spreadsheets on
the shared drive they would automatically update into a third spreadsheet
that anyone could review.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Y es, it can be done.

Assuming your file names and locations do not change...
Open both your workbooks and a new workbok

In the new workbook click on Sheet1, A1 cell
Enter =
Click on the workbook you want to link to, then click on the cell you want.
In similar ways you can link remaining cells in both the workbooks.