Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Is it is possible to merge data from 2 cells into one?

I am trying to merge to colums of data into one. I've tried the =A&B formala
but I'm having to type each row individually. Is there a faster way to
combine them, or am I just not doing it right? I'm not very computer smart so
the lingo etc. escapes me. Please help. It's like 300 rows!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

You are almost there. If the information starts cell A1 & B1 with the list
going down columns A & B and you want them combined in column C then type
=A1&B1 in cell C1 and click on the green tick. Then double click on the fill
handle (the small black square on the bottom left of the cell) and this will
fill the formula in the cells in column C
--
John
MOS Master Instructor Office 2000, 2002 & 2003

Ice Hockey rules (especially the Wightlink Raiders)

"norvesh" wrote:

I am trying to merge to colums of data into one. I've tried the =A&B formala
but I'm having to type each row individually. Is there a faster way to
combine them, or am I just not doing it right? I'm not very computer smart so
the lingo etc. escapes me. Please help. It's like 300 rows!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Do you have a different version of Excel on the IOW?
The fill handle is on the right, on the mainland!

George Gee