Junior Member

Location: Singapore
Send a message via ICQ to Aloysicus
Default Gantt chart

Is there a way to break a chart in between a duration to show another information?

Eg, column 1 is the time start (08:30), column 2 is time end (17:30), column 3 is duration (9:00) between column 1 and 2. However on column 4 is lunch break start time (12:00) and column 5 is lunch break end time (13:00). Is there a way to show the lunch break on a gantt chart?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Aloys
Jon Peltier

Aloys -

Here is an example worked out for you, plus a page full of links.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttChart.html
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html

It's come to my attention that Excel 2003 has a few obscure behaviors
which are different from older versions, so the procedure in the first
link above may not work as advertised. When I get a free moment, I will
work through it in all modern versions of Excel (i.e., 2000+) and
describe any inconsistencies in the procedure.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services