Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
KrunoG

Default Combine Date & Time Cells

Just use the DATE function. It merges year, month and date values

BR

"Ron Lieber" wrote in message

I apologize if this has been asked before, but a quick Google
Groups search failed to turn it up, if so.

My company needs to determine what percentage of deliveries
we make are on time, or delivered late.

I have a database that can make .csv reports, and we enter
into each job the requested delivery time, and later the actual
delivery time. Unfortunately the output is in two separate columns,
one for the date, and another for the time. Well, four columns
actually, two date ones and two time ones.

What I want to do is combine each of the two date & time cells into a
single cell that shows a 'datetime' value. That way, I could subtract
one from the other (time requested with actual time we performed),
and get the days and hours 'early' or 'late' delivery times, I hope.

Can anyone advise if/how this can be done? I would also like to
calculate the success/failure percentage at the bottom, of course.

Thanks!

RL