Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I exclude a detail measure value and only view Grand Total

How do I exclude a detail measure value and only view Grand Total without
Hiding in Excel

CustomerNumber 1 2
3

Sale SaleTotal Sale SaleTotal
Sale Sale Total Total Sale Total SaleTotal

SalesPerson Mark 50 350 100 350
200 350 350 350

In the above Excel Pivot Table illustration I have the CustomerNumber
dimension running on the x axis and SalesPerson dimension running on the y
axis. I have one measure "Sale" and one calulated measure "Sale Total", which
is the sum of all Sales for a SalesPerson.

How do I display this data in Excel but not repeat the "Sale Total" for each
customer number? I simply want to display it once in the far right as the
"Total SaleTotal".

I do not want to hide the "Sale Total" detail values (a.k.a) values since
that would cause problems for users who open the pivot in Excel and try to
perform further analysis not knowing there are hidden fields and running into
problems because of this ignorance.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe you can use Subtotals and Grand Total
instead of a calculated field.
http://www.freefilehosting.net/download/3dd04

Excel 2002 : Any single button to get sub total and grand total ? Mr. Low Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 May 22nd 07 08:46 AM
Should grand total equal average of sub total Bonnie Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 January 20th 07 09:46 PM
Pivots - Auto calc % Sub total is of grand total VBA Noob Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 3 August 8th 06 08:46 PM
Old Lotus Sub Total & Grand Total formula Kylie Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 April 9th 06 12:24 PM
Adding Data Using Multiple Worksheets to Total into a Grand Total Lillie Excel Worksheet Functions 1 April 19th 05 08:34 PM