Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default count how many characters in a cell?

Is it possible to get one cell to tell me how many characters are in another
cell (counting spaces as characters)?
ss

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
No Name

if data is in A1, use "=len(A1)"
it'll count spaces too.

Is it possible to get one cell to tell me how many

characters are in another
cell (counting spaces as characters)?
ss

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

SS,
Try
=Len(A1)
to count the characters in A1
Cecil

"SS" wrote in message
Is it possible to get one cell to tell me how many characters are in

another
cell (counting spaces as characters)?
ss

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi again SS,

Since you posted to a programming group perhaps you wanted a VBA solution.

Sub TheLen()
Dim i As String
i = Len(Range("A1"))
MsgBox i
End Sub

HTH
Regards,
Howard

"SS" wrote in message
Is it possible to get one cell to tell me how many characters are in

another
cell (counting spaces as characters)?
ss

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

thanks.

=len(A1) will do fine.

I posted here 'cos in the past I've got better responses than in other excel
groups.

hope I'm not too off topic.....
If I am then I'm sorry.
SS