Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Trying to FIND lowercase or uppercase of target occurence

My bible says the FIND function does not distinguish between case as
opposed to SEARCH.
I wanted to be flagged for the word FREIGHT embedded in a text cell,
but the following formula did not respond for lowercase Freight. Where
did I go wrong ?
I am using Excel 2007.
=IF(ISERROR(FIND("FREIGHT",V91)),"","F")

Thank you,

Celeste

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

use for any
freight
FREIGHT
fREIGhT
Freight

=IF(ISERROR(SEARCH("FREIGHT",C1)),"","F")

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"u473" wrote in message
oups.com...
My bible says the FIND function does not distinguish between case as
opposed to SEARCH.
I wanted to be flagged for the word FREIGHT embedded in a text cell,
but the following formula did not respond for lowercase Freight. Where
did I go wrong ?
I am using Excel 2007.
=IF(ISERROR(FIND("FREIGHT",V91)),"","F")

Thank you,

Celeste

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Find IS case-sensitive - use SEARCH instead of FIND if you want to be
independent of case. Alternatively, you could amend your formula to
this:

=IF(ISERROR(FIND("FREIGHT",UPPER(V91))),"","F")

Hope this helps.

Pete