Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default When I add time - Example 10 days of 8 hours each I receive 81.46

I have caluclated a time sheet and everything look fine until i add the total
hours.
--
Kathy
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Kathy Wrote:
I have caluclated a time sheet and everything look fine until i add the
total
hours.
--
Kathy

Hi Kathy,

Format time to add up with [hh]:mm, take a look at this link as well

http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/times-past-24.htm

oldchippy :)

--
oldchippy
oldchippy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19907

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Kathy,
Unless you post the question within the body of the question, it will most
likely not be seen by most people, and will confuse. Your question is in the subject.

Most likely you have tried to simply what you think is the case and
you don't really see what you say you see, Unless your figures
show as a single digit until your total. Your numbers are calculated
and are not really 8. Display the figures to 3 decimal places would probably
show the problem but of course not be what you want. You may want to
ROUND the figures that you are using depending on how the time sheets
are actually calculated.

Rounding Errors and Precision
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/rounding.htm

---