Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default select only certain characters from a cell.

I have a cell with something like

NT7230UNAGGLOPUMP

I want another cell to read this one but only take out the UNAGGLO bit of
it.

IE only characters 7 through 11.

I want another cell to take only the last 4 characters and thus display
PUMP.

how can I do this??

SS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

assume your data is in cell A1

=Right(A1,4)

would display Pump

=Left(A1,6) & right(A1,4)

would take out UNAGGLO

Tom Ogilvy

"SS" wrote in message
I have a cell with something like

NT7230UNAGGLOPUMP

I want another cell to read this one but only take out the UNAGGLO bit of
it.

IE only characters 7 through 11.

I want another cell to take only the last 4 characters and thus display
PUMP.

how can I do this??

SS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you meant only display characters 7 through 11 (7,8,9,10,11 is five
characters)

=Mid(A1,7,5) but UNAGGLO is 7 characters, and this would only show UNAGG,
so you could modify it to

=Mid(A1,7,7) to display UNAGGLO

Tom Ogilvy

"SS" wrote in message
I have a cell with something like

NT7230UNAGGLOPUMP

I want another cell to read this one but only take out the UNAGGLO bit of
it.

IE only characters 7 through 11.

I want another cell to take only the last 4 characters and thus display
PUMP.

how can I do this??

SS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming