Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
juanpauk

Default how to get values from different sheet when info. matches?

Hi can anyone help me with this formula,

I am trying to MATCH 2 worksheets; SHEET 1 has the main information and

SHEET 2 has half of the infomation but that half matches the
information in SHEET 1.

How can I give the values to the SHEET 2 using the information that i
have in sheet 1?

I don know if that is clear.

sheet 1 (from B2:C9)

A 5
B 4
C 5
F 4
G 5
J 4
L 5
Q 4

sheet 2(from B2:C5)

A ?
F ?
J ?
Q ?

Many Thakns,

Juan Pablo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

In Sheet2 C2 enter this formula and copy down as needed:

=IF(ISNA(MATCH(B2,Sheet1!B$2:B$9,0)),"",VLOOKUP(B2 ,Sheet1!B$2:C$9,2,0))

Biff

anpauk" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
juanpauk

Thanks a lot Biff,

Can I ask you what is the name of that formula? or do you just made it
up?

Juan Pablo

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

Can I ask you what is the name of that formula?

That is called a Lookup formula. That is just one type of lookup formula.
There are several types:

Lookup
Vlookup
Hlookup