Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bryce

Default Sorting lists

I have a worksheet with over 500 names on it. i want to set up my list in
the drop down menu so that i can search by alphabet versus each individual
record. how can i do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Abhishek kedia

HI
BRYCE

TRY
DATA-FILTER-AUTOFILTER

THANKS
"bryce" wrote:

I have a worksheet with over 500 names on it. i want to set up my list in
the drop down menu so that i can search by alphabet versus each individual
record. how can i do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bryce

actually in the drop down list i want the alphabet to show up versus each
individual record.. that way if i am looking for more than one record that
starts with the same letter....

"Abhishek kedia" wrote:

HI
BRYCE

TRY
DATA-FILTER-AUTOFILTER

THANKS
"bryce" wrote:

I have a worksheet with over 500 names on it. i want to set up my list in
the drop down menu so that i can search by alphabet versus each individual
record. how can i do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Abode

Perhaps adding a column and entering the formula =Left(A1,1) and drag that
through. Then use AutoFormat for that. That should give you the first
letter at the very least. its a quick fix at they very least.

"bryce" wrote:

actually in the drop down list i want the alphabet to show up versus each
individual record.. that way if i am looking for more than one record that
starts with the same letter....

"Abhishek kedia" wrote:

HI
BRYCE