Richard

Default Copying the contents of a column into a chart

Hi,

I am basically trying to copy the contents of a row of cells into a
chart in excel.

What I have is three columns, columns one contains data and column two
contains the specification. When the value of the cells in column one
exceeds the value of the cells in column two the data is out of spec
and the value where this occurs is displayed in column three. The
chart is a scatter plot of column one vs. column two and I want to
copy the values of column three and paste them onto the chart, so that
you can easily see where column one is bigger than column two (spec)
without having to refer to the table.

I can copy the individual values for each cell, however, cannot manage
it for a column of cells. I was also trying to copy the data into a
text box on the chart, although I struggled to get anywhere.

Does anyone have any idea??

Rick
LanceB

select the range to copy
edit|copy
select the graph
hold the shift key down
edit!paste picture

Paste picture is only availabe when the shift key is depressed.

Lance