Ken

Default Clicking cells on sheet creates Text Box. How do I turn this off?

I have several sheets of a multi sheet workbook that seem to have Auto create
on for Text Boxes. When I click on a cell, then try to click the lower right
corner to drag the cell ad text box pops up in front of the cell and I cannot
drag the cell since the cursor automatically jumps into the text box.

This happens on 3 of 9 sheets in about half the columns. The sheets in
question originally were clones of a sheet that did not have this problem and
other clones don't have the problem.

Can not figure out how to turn this off!

Help!

Dave Peterson

This sounds like a macro gone awry.

If you close excel and open it in safe mode:
windows start button|run
excel /safe

Then file|open your workbook, do you have the same trouble?

If no, I'd go back to the developer and complain.

If you want to remove macros (it may be a mistake if you're not sure what you're
doing), take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site:

http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros

--

Dave Peterson
Ken

Same problem even in Safe mode.

When the text box shows up and I move or delete it then click the same cell
again up pops another text box. This only happens on some sheets, that's why
I figured there was probably a way to turn it off.

Thanks for trying Dave.

Ken

Ken wrote:

I have several sheets of a multi sheet workbook that seem to have Auto create
on for Text Boxes. When I click on a cell, then try to click the lower right
corner to drag the cell ad text box pops up in front of the cell and I cannot
drag the cell since the cursor automatically jumps into the text box.

This happens on 3 of 9 sheets in about half the columns. The sheets in
question originally were clones of a sheet that did not have this problem and
other clones don't have the problem.

Can not figure out how to turn this off!

Help!

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Are you sure it's a textbox?

Maybe it's a comment or an input message box from Data|Validation???

If it's the input message box from Data|Validation, you can just click on it and
move it out of the way, or you could turn it off (temporarily??) via:

Data|Validation|Input message tab
uncheck that "show input message when cell is selected" box.