mel

Default how do i transfer lotus files to excel

I need to know how to transfer files from Lotus to Excel, we are no longer
using Lotus and want to change to Excel. I already made a back up of the
files.
thanks,
mel

Harlan Grove

mel wrote...
I need to know how to transfer files from Lotus to Excel, we are no

longer
using Lotus and want to change to Excel. I already made a back up of

the
files.

If you mean .WK? files, just open them in Excel. If you mean .123
files, not possible - Microsoft decided years ago not to support the
..123 file format, and they haven't changed their minds. If you have
..123 files, you're going to need to use the latest version of 123 you
had to convert those files to .XLS file format. This would be the no
additional cost option as long as you kept your Lotus SmartSuite disks.
If you discarded those disks, you either need to buy another copy of
Lotus SmartSuite or WordPerfect Office 2002 or 2003, or DataViz's
ConversionPlus. These are the *ONLY* programs that can read .123 format
files. THERE IS NEITHER ANY FREE SOFTWARE THAT READS THESE FILES NOR IS
THERE ANYTHING FROM MICROSOFT THAT READS THEM.