Kevin Dickson

Default Excel attachments open in outlook 2002 as TMP files

I see excel attachments as TMP files when viewing within Outlook 2002 - but
only from certain users. These users range from XP Pro with MS Office 2003 to
Windows 98 with Office 97.
If I use Outlook Express on the same computer, these excel attachments open
perfectly with the correct .xls extension.
Also when sending the same attachment to numerous users, only this one
machine shows the attachment as a TMP file.
I've tried sending as plain text, rich text and HTML and have also sent the
attachment saved in Excel Workbook format, 97 format and XP format.

Please could someone assist me with this query? I'm at a complete loss to
explain this to the director (it would be his computer!)

Many thanks,
Kevin Dickson
Dave Peterson

If you don't get a good answer here, you may want to try asking in one of the
Outlook newsgroups. Maybe they've seen this problem before.

Or even check google???

--

Dave Peterson