DBray

Default graphic behind text in Excel?

In an earlier version of Excel graphics could be placed behind text in a
cell. On the drawing menu the icon that controlled this feature was a little
dog. In Excel 2002 this does not appear to be a viable option. Does this
feature strike a bell with anyone? Is there a way to accomplish this in
2002? I want to add a signature into a box and not have the signature
overwrite the box.
Earl Kiosterud

D,

You can't put graphics in back of cells, except as a background picture,
which is for the whole sheet (Format - Sheet - Background). It's limited,
and doesn't print.

What you're describing with the dog icon sounds like graphics in Word, where
you can put them in back of the document text.
--
Earl Kiosterud

"DBray" wrote in message
In an earlier version of Excel graphics could be placed behind text in a
cell. On the drawing menu the icon that controlled this feature was a
little
dog. In Excel 2002 this does not appear to be a viable option. Does this
feature strike a bell with anyone? Is there a way to accomplish this in
2002? I want to add a signature into a box and not have the signature
overwrite the box.

Earl Kiosterud

D,

One possibility might be to make your signature a gif type, then use the
transparent color (on the Excel Picture toolbar). The signature would still
be on top of the cell, but you'd be able to see around it. You have to have
a single color value to be set as the transparent, so a signature from
scanned document might require some tweaking.

--
Earl Kiosterud