Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Formulaes

Often we use multiple formulaes in a work sheet, and to verify them at
a glance is not possible. I would request to group members, how to
review all the formulaes inserted in a particular work sheet all at
once, or is any way print out facility of the same is possible or not.
- Your valued answers will help others too for effecient checking all
the formulaes.
Regards Sandy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When designing a spreadsheet it is good, first to sit down with paper and
pen and work out what is wanted in terms of input, 'manipulation' and
output. For the middle bit (manipulation) my approach is to write down a
table of all the possible cases (possibilities). A formula can then be
built up a case at a time (with, of course, what to do (e.g. "ERR") if none
of the cases are met. Having done this it is straight forward to build a
test spreadsheet with dummy data to test all the dummy data outputs are as
expected. Obviously this is an iterative process until it is absolutely
right. Even then it is right only insofar as is known at the time. Be
prepared for some new idea and to re-start the process.

It may be a bit tedious but an advantage is that it provides an opportunity
to test before the spreadsheet is released for use.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"sandyramanuj" wrote in message
ups.com...
Often we use multiple formulaes in a work sheet, and to verify them at
a glance is not possible. I would request to group members, how to
review all the formulaes inserted in a particular work sheet all at
once, or is any way print out facility of the same is possible or not.
- Your valued answers will help others too for effecient checking all
the formulaes.
Regards Sandy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On 27 Apr 2007 22:59:34 -0700, sandyramanuj
wrote:

Often we use multiple formulaes in a work sheet, and to verify them at
a glance is not possible. I would request to group members, how to
review all the formulaes inserted in a particular work sheet all at
once, or is any way print out facility of the same is possible or not.
- Your valued answers will help others too for effecient checking all
the formulaes.
Regards Sandy

Put the worksheet into formula view. To toggle between formula view
and normal view use the CTRL + ` - that's the control key and the
grave accent key - the "thingie key" - underneath the escape key on a
normal keyboard - if you're using a laptop it could be, er, just about
anywhere!). The thingie key has three thingies on it - the

¬ ` and a vertical bar with a space in the middle

Generally I would recommend saving the worksheet as worksheet name
with a FV at the end and then view the formulae. Then, select all the
columns and double click between two of the columns to auto adjust all
the column widths.

Select the print area, go to file page setup, make the sheet print on
landscape paper, ensure the row and column headings are selected, and
tick the show grid lines button.

Then print the sheet out!

Phew!

HTH

Noz
--
Email (ROT13)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can toggle in or out of the formula view using
keyboard shortcut Ctrl+` (accent grave left of number 1)
but not very good as the width is 3x normal and if you change
the width it will affect the actual width.

My experience is that you normally only need
some representative formulas and if you put
them on the same spreadsheet they are easier
seen for debugging, see
Show FORMULA or FORMAT of another cell
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#getformat

Instructions to install the Userdefined function above,
or the macro code in the previous reply at
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#havemacro

BTW, I would also include the formatted value in Tip 37
Range("D1") = "Displayed"
Range("A1:D1").Font.Bold = True
Cells(Row, 3) = Cell.Value
Cells(Row, 4) = Cell.Text

---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel

"T. Valko" wrote in message ...
See this:
Creating a List of Formulas (address, formula, value)