Yvonne Fochesato

Default Excel Charts - Data being Plotted beyond Primary X-Axis Scale

I have several charts and they all have the series defined until the end of
the year. Each month as data is being added to the tables, the scale of the
primary axis is being changed to the last day of the current month.

There are two series that I am having a problem with that are defined the
same on all chart, or at least I think they are. Several of the charts these
series go beyond the chart about 1/16 of an inch, no big deal. There is one
chart that the same Series goes beyone the chart about +1/8 of an inch.

I thought if you defined the max scale that all remaining data is truncated
and not displayed. My am I getting scale information beyone the max scale.
Jon Peltier

If the series contains data beyond the axis maximum, the points are still there but
hidden. The connecting line extends beyond the end of the chart a little bit,
depending on how much the tick labels stretch the chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services