Newtek

Default Excel 2K3: Opening a spreadsheet, also opens book1.xls?

I double click on a spreadsheet and it opens, but it also opens the default
book1.
If I only open excel and close book1 and then open a spreadsheet there is no
issue.

So why is excel wanting to open the default book when opening an already
created excel doc and second, how can I disable or resolve this issue to not
open the book1 when opening a spreadsheet but still have it open book1 when I
simply open excel only?

Thanks in advance,

Newtek

Bernard Liengme

Do you have a file called Book1.XLS in your XLSTART folder?
Excel opens all files in that locale.

Or use Tools|options, open General; is there an entry in "At start, open all
files in" ?
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Newtek" wrote in message
I double click on a spreadsheet and it opens, but it also opens the default
book1.
If I only open excel and close book1 and then open a spreadsheet there is
no
issue.

So why is excel wanting to open the default book when opening an already
created excel doc and second, how can I disable or resolve this issue to
not
open the book1 when opening a spreadsheet but still have it open book1
when I
simply open excel only?

Thanks in advance,

Newtek

Newtek

That is a negative. there is only the adobe addin and a DDE addin in the
xlstart folder.

any other thoughts. Also I am tracking this issue on the programming forum
as well if you would like to follow the notes there. Thanks.

SH