Houm

Default Month/ year function.

Hi,
I would like to creat a functions that one of the
cell automatic fill as current month. Example the foramt
as " January " and other cell auto fill with current year?
what function should I use?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Fredrik Wahlgren

"Houm" wrote in message
I would like to creat a functions that one of the
cell automatic fill as current month. Example the foramt
as " January " and other cell auto fill with current year?
what function should I use?

Any help would be very appreciated.

=YEAR(NOW())
=MONTH(NOW())

/Fredrik

Houm

I would like to creat a functions that one of the
cell automatic fill as current month. Example the foramt
as " January " and other cell auto fill with current

year?
what function should I use?

Any help would be very appreciated.

=YEAR(NOW())
=MONTH(NOW())

/Fredrik

Thanks for the answer. But hwo can I use the Format
function to show as month of April instead of show as
number 4?

.

JulieD

Hi

=TEXT(MONTH(NOW()),"mmmm")

--
Cheers
JulieD
"Houm" wrote in message

I would like to creat a functions that one of the
cell automatic fill as current month. Example the foramt
as " January " and other cell auto fill with current

year?
what function should I use?

Any help would be very appreciated.

=YEAR(NOW())
=MONTH(NOW())

/Fredrik

Thanks for the answer. But hwo can I use the Format
function to show as month of April instead of show as
number 4?

.

JulieD

Hi Houm

sorry wasn't thinking
=TEXT(NOW(),"mmmm")
is all you need

--
Cheers
JulieD
"Houm" wrote in message
Thanks. But how come it show as January instead of the
current month as April.
I would like to creat a functions that one of the
cell automatic fill as current month. Example the

foramt
as " January " and other cell auto fill with current
year?
what function should I use?

Any help would be very appreciated.

=YEAR(NOW())
=MONTH(NOW())

/Fredrik

Thanks for the answer. But hwo can I use the Format
function to show as month of April instead of show as
number 4?

.

.

Arvi Laanemets

Hi

When you want some fixed month of current year to be returned, then p.e.
=DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),1,1)
returns always 1st January of current year,
=DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),3,1)
returns always 1st March of current year, etc.

You can format the cell with this formula as custom "mmmm" - then "January"
or "March" etc. is displayed. Or you format this cell as "yyyy" - then the
current year number is displayed. Formatting the cell p.e. as "yyyy mmmm"
displays the date as "2005 January" or "2005 March", etc. When you refer to
this cell in formulas, you have always to remember, that really it is a
date.

When you really want the month returned as a text string, you can wrap this
formula into TEXT function, like
=TEXT(DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),1,1),"mmmm")

Arvi Laanemets

"Houm" wrote in message
Thanks. But how come it show as January instead of the
current month as April.
I would like to creat a functions that one of the
cell automatic fill as current month. Example the

foramt
as " January " and other cell auto fill with current
year?
what function should I use?

Any help would be very appreciated.

=YEAR(NOW())
=MONTH(NOW())

/Fredrik

Thanks for the answer. But hwo can I use the Format
function to show as month of April instead of show as
number 4?

.

.

Junior Member

Could it be that the date and time on your system is not correctly set? Double click on your clock in your task bar tray and check the setting to make sure they are set correctly? These formula works off the information in your system.