Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Creating a gantt chart using formulas/conditional formatting

Hi,

Im trying to create a Gantt chart in Excel 2007 without using the tables
tool. This is how my worksheet looks so far:

€¢ One column shows a list of tasks that need to be done, in the next column
to the right each cell shows the date on which the corresponding task begins.
€¢ In the dates column, the project start date is fixed €“ the next date is
worked out by adding 2 days to the start date, the date after that by adding
five dates to the date of task 2, and so on.
€¢ For the next thirty columns, each column in the table has a single days
date as its header.

What I want to do is use a formula or conditional formatting to tell each
cell to look at the date in the column header, then look at the start date of
the task in its row and the start date of the task in the row below. If the
date in the column header falls between those dates, the cell should
automatically be shaded red.

Can this be done? If so, could someone tell me how or at least point me in
the right direction.

Any and all help much appreciated.

Thanks

Karl