Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default conditional format, day of month

I have a column filled with sequential dates. Cell A41 will always be the
30th day of a month, cell A42 will be EITHER the 31st day of that month OR
the first day of the next month. IF A42 is the first day of a month I would
like to format it with white text. I understand how to use conditional
formatting (change text color) but what should the condition state? I tried;
"If the cell value is less than =DAY(31)" but that's not right.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If A42 is the first of the month is the test, then:
=DAY(A42)=1
would be the formula.
I hope you have a color in that cell, unless you are planning on the
text not being visible.

On May 2, 1:50 pm, Amber wrote:
I have a column filled with sequential dates. Cell A41 will always be the
30th day of a month, cell A42 will be EITHER the 31st day of that month OR
the first day of the next month. IF A42 is the first day of a month I would
like to format it with white text. I understand how to use conditional
formatting (change text color) but what should the condition state? I tried;
"If the cell value is less than =DAY(31)" but that's not right.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you mean dates and not just numbers then in A40 enter the date for the
28th day of the month. In A41 enter:

=IF(A40="","",IF(MONTH(A40)=MONTH(A40+1),A40+1,"") )

this will return empty strings if for date the *would* have been in the
following month.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Amber" wrote in message
I have a column filled with sequential dates. Cell A41 will always be the
30th day of a month, cell A42 will be EITHER the 31st day of that month OR
the first day of the next month. IF A42 is the first day of a month I
would
like to format it with white text. I understand how to use conditional
formatting (change text color) but what should the condition state? I
tried;
"If the cell value is less than =DAY(31)" but that's not right.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you. You actually read my mind, when I said I wanted "white font" I
just wanted it invisible. This worked!

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

In case you are not one of the mind readers around here and cannot read my
mind, enter the formula in A41 and drag down to A43 on the fill handle.