Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bellz

Default Formula to see if a cell has an entered value

For example:
A1 has a value;the # of bills worked..In this case, 11.
A2 through A9 have a decimal time of hours worked.

A2=.58 (hours)
A3=.92
A4 has no value
A5=.92
A6=.92
A7 has no value
A8=.58

A4,A7,and A9 have no values and are left blank.

What I'm after is a formula for A10 that will give me the value of
A1/(number of values entered in A2 through A9)
In this case, A1/5, since 5 out of the available 8 cells had a value. I
want it to count how many cells have a value entered in A2 through A9.

Any way of making a formula like this?

Thanks!

--
bellz
bellz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30429

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Biff

Hi!

Try this:

=IF(OR(COUNT(A2:A9)<1,A1=""),0,A1/COUNT(A2:A9))

Biff

"bellz" wrote in
message ...

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Govind

Hi,

You can try

=A1/COUNTIF(A2:A9,"0")

Regards

Govind.

bellz wrote:
For example:
A1 has a value;the # of bills worked..In this case, 11.
A2 through A9 have a decimal time of hours worked.

A2=.58 (hours)
A3=.92
A4 has no value
A5=.92
A6=.92
A7 has no value
A8=.58

A4,A7,and A9 have no values and are left blank.

What I'm after is a formula for A10 that will give me the value of
A1/(number of values entered in A2 through A9)
In this case, A1/5, since 5 out of the available 8 cells had a value. I
want it to count how many cells have a value entered in A2 through A9.

Any way of making a formula like this?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bellz

Thanks guys,
I'll try those when I get to work tomorrow.