Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I remove all e-mail hyperlinks from excel spreadsheet

I have tried everything in Help and the one option that i think may work
under Edit, Links. Has "links" greyed out!
Help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

For a one-time solution, try this:

Copy a blank cell

Select the cells to be impacted.
From the Excel main menu:
<edit<paste special
Check: Add....then click [OK]

If you want to prevent email links from being created in the future.
From the Excel main menu:
<tools<options<spelling tab
Click the [autocorrect options] button
Select the "Autoformat as you type" tab
UNcheck: Internet and network paths with hyperlinks
Click the [OK] buttons to commit the settings

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Melanie" wrote:

I have tried everything in Help and the one option that i think may work
under Edit, Links. Has "links" greyed out!
Help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Ron -
The first option didnt seem to work. I have these phantom e-mail links all
over the spreadsheet in blank cell, cells with number, cells with verbiage,
etc. No rhyme or reason.

I did set the parameters for your second suggestion though.

Just wish I could do the following for the whole sheet or for columns as I
think it would work but my "links" option is greyed out.

On the Edit menu, click Links.
In the Source list, click the link you want to break.
To select multiple linked objects, hold down CTRL and click each linked
object.

To select all links, press CTRL+A.

Click Break Link.
If the link used a defined name, the name is not automatically removed. You
may want to delete the name as well.

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

For a one-time solution, try this:

Copy a blank cell

Select the cells to be impacted.
From the Excel main menu:
<edit<paste special
Check: Add....then click [OK]

If you want to prevent email links from being created in the future.
From the Excel main menu:

"Melanie" wrote:

I have tried everything in Help and the one option that i think may work
under Edit, Links. Has "links" greyed out!
Help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Melanie....Two things:

First
The "links" referred to by <edit<links are links to other files, not
hyperlinks. Consequently, the hyperlinks won't be affected by those settings.

Second
The copy-blank-cell, paste_special-add method should work in most, if not
all, cases.

I'm curious...How did that sheet get into that hyperlink situation? Was it
imported from a non-Excel source? Website? Other? Perhaps the sheet itself is
corrupt.

Can you offer any more details about links or the sheet?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

For a one-time solution, try this:

Copy a blank cell

Select the cells to be impacted.
From the Excel main menu:
<edit<paste special
Check: Add....then click [OK]

If you want to prevent email links from being created in the future.
From the Excel main menu: