Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default get sort to recognize header row

When I sort, 95% of the time Excel guesses wrong when it decides I have a
header row or not. Even flipping a coin would be better. Is there any way
to get it to guess better?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try formatting the header differently--maybe bold, underlined?

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If I have to play with changing the format of the headers, I might as well
just click the correct button once it identifies it wrong.

I frequently have 3000 line sheets to sort, so I click on the corner to
highlight the whole thing, and Excel thinks the text at the top is part of
the numbers below.

widman wrote:

When I sort, 95% of the time Excel guesses wrong when it decides I have a
header row or not. Even flipping a coin would be better. Is there any way
to get it to guess better?

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

But you only have to change the format of the header row once.

If you have many worksheets, just select them all and format the header rows in
one go.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP