Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Trevor M

Default Time Zone..

Hello, if a user works on an Excel sheet when the local regional settings of
windows as set to US, what would happen when that file ends up on a PC with
local settings are French for instance...

I have MS Office XP, and I heard that Excel may have problem with the date
and format convertion...

I was under the understanding that Excel would be able to convert all
automatically, and the regional differences would be transparent..

Thanks, Trevor
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jan Karel Pieterse

Hi Trevor,

I was under the understanding that Excel would be able to convert all
automatically, and the regional differences would be transparent..

As long as you are talking about data in cells, you should be fine. As
soon as you are using VBA, or special formulas that rely on your local
date format, you might experience trouble. But it all depends on exactly
how you have implemented things.

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP