Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Amy Amy is offline

Default count pieces of records meet conditions in different columns

Say I have a Spreadsheet with 3 columns, and they are, Age, Gender, Location.
Then how could I count how many pieces of records there are matching certain
age, gender and location?

I know how to use SQL to get the data and numbers. But I would like to how
to use Fuctions such as COUNTIF, but I can't figure it out. it's very
frustrated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Something like:
=SUMPRODUCT(--(Age=50),--(Gender="M"),--(Location="New York"))
, where Age, Gender and Location are column range references (or named
ranges which return such references) all of same dimension (number of rows).

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )