Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Shading a portion of the space between two lines

I need to graph a two lines that intersect. Each line has 13 points
and they intersect at point 6. I only want to shade the area between
the lines from points 8-13 (This is where the points between the two
groups differ significantly). My points for line 1 a 6, 6, 6, 5,
5, 5, 5, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4 and the points for line 2 are 1, 1, 2, 3, 4,
5, 10, 16, 20, 25, 36, 49, 56.

Does anyone have any advice on how to shade just the area between the
lines from points 8-13?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Adjust the data in the following example so the duplicate values in column D
occur not at the first and last points but at points 8 and 13.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/XYAreaChart2.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

wrote in message
oups.com...
I need to graph a two lines that intersect. Each line has 13 points
and they intersect at point 6. I only want to shade the area between
the lines from points 8-13 (This is where the points between the two
groups differ significantly). My points for line 1 a 6, 6, 6, 5,
5, 5, 5, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4 and the points for line 2 are 1, 1, 2, 3, 4,
5, 10, 16, 20, 25, 36, 49, 56.

Does anyone have any advice on how to shade just the area between the
lines from points 8-13?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks Jon,

I'll give it a shot. Sure is alot to go through to shade a small
area! No wonder I couldn't figure it out on my own!

Lori

Jon Peltier wrote:
Adjust the data in the following example so the duplicate values in column D
occur not at the first and last points but at points 8 and 13.

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/XYAreaChart2.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP