Oldjay

Default con't paste merged cells

When I try to paste values of a merged cell into another workbook with
exactly the same cell size I get a error message that says "The operation
requires cells to be identically sized" I have re-checked the row height and
the columm width to be sure they are the same size as the original copied
cells
JE McGimpsey

"Identically sized" refers to the number of rows and columns, not the
height and width. If you have a merged cell or cell(s) in your copy
range, you have to have identically placed merged cell(s) in your
destination range.

In my opinion, this is only one of the reasons that merged cells are the
spawn of the devil and should never be used...

In article ,
Oldjay wrote:

When I try to paste values of a merged cell into another workbook with
exactly the same cell size I get a error message that says "The operation
requires cells to be identically sized" I have re-checked the row height and
the columm width to be sure they are the same size as the original copied
cells

bj

It is not the cell size which is being refered to. If you have merged cells
C1 and C2 the paste wont work very well in most cases.
While merging can be useful for displays, they often cause other problems
A work around is to select everything, unmerge paste and merge ahagin if
you need to.

"Oldjay" wrote:

When I try to paste values of a merged cell into another workbook with
exactly the same cell size I get a error message that says "The operation
requires cells to be identically sized" I have re-checked the row height and
the columm width to be sure they are the same size as the original copied
cells

bj

It is not the heighth or width that is the issue
Excell lets you merge cells but then doesn't let you do much with the merger.

I woul dtry to see if you can format without merging. and then copy.