Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How Do I increase a date by 90 days?

Hello...

I have to keep track of DVD's out of Police patrol cars...state law says we
have to keep the data for 90 days. I want to be able to input a date into a
cell, and then have it automatically add 90 days to that date and put the new
date in the next cell over to the right. This new date will tell me when the
DVD can be erased.

Can this be done?

John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Try

A1 = your Date
B1 = Your date + 90

=DATE(YEAR(A1), MONTH(A1)+3, DAY(A1))

http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...14#post1679714

VBA Noob

--
VBA Noob
VBA Noob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33833

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A1 has the inputted date.

B1 has this formula =A1 + 90

Format both to Date.

To fancy it up a bit you could have B1 turn red when the 90 days was up.

Select B1 and FormatConditional FormattingFormula is:

=B1(A1 + 89)

On day 90 B1 will turn red to alert you.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 8 Aug 2006 14:51:02 -0700, Rockcop222
wrote:

Hello...

I have to keep track of DVD's out of Police patrol cars...state law says we
have to keep the data for 90 days. I want to be able to input a date into a
cell, and then have it automatically add 90 days to that date and put the new
date in the next cell over to the right. This new date will tell me when the
DVD can be erased.

Can this be done?

John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi!

If I give you the answer will I get a "break" on my next speeding ticket?

Just add 90 to the date.....

A1 = 8/8/2006
B1 = =A1+90

You can get "fancy" and use conditional formatting to highlight cells when
their expiration date arrives. That will make it easier to see which DVD's
need to be erased.

For example, using the above, B1 would return 11/6/2006. You can set cell B1
to change color on 11/6/2206 thus getting your attention.

To do that:

Select cell B1
Goto the menu FormatConditional Formatting
Select Formula Is
Enter this formula in the little box to the right:

=AND(ISNUMBER(B1),TODAY()=B1)

Click the Format button
Select a different font color or a different cell fill color (or both!)
OK out

Biff